Ramadan 2021 Iftar Recipes for Working Moms Week 2
Happy Sunday!!! As we move into Ramadan Week 2 I thought it would be a great idea to catch up with all of you and share our first SBZ Blog Post!!!
As a Busy Mom, Wife and Entrepreneur in the month of Ramadan, "What's for Iftar?" can be a question that can come with some stress. As we are fasting, working and the kids are going to school, in my role as their mom I want to make sure my family is eating foods they "Love" and that are nutritious. So I wanted to share this quick recipe that brings a smile to everyones face in my home.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
12-16 Lasagna Noodles
4 Cups Shredded Mozarella Cheese
16 ounces Ricotta Cheese
1 Pound of Halal Ground Beef or Turkey
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 onion chopped
2 Garlic Cloves Minces
16 ounces of Pasta Sauce
4 ounces of Tomato Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Heat Oven to 375°F
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil over medium to hight heat. Cook Ground Beef Separately. Add the ground beef to pan and cook until beef is well browned. Add in the onions and garlic; Drain any fat.
- Stir in any additional vegetables you may like to use like mushrooms, green peppers and/or tomatoes. Add the pasta sauce, tomato paste and basil. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you love). Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 - 1 cup of tomato sauce to a 9x13 baking dish and spread evenly be sure to coat the bottom. Top with 3-4 sheets of lasagna noodles. Layer with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup of the remaining tomato sauce. Continue for 2-3 more layers, and finish with noodles topped with sauce and the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Enjoy.
Inshallah let me know if you try this Recipe one evening for Iftar.
Our Styled By Zubaidah item of the week: Our Onyx Royalty Abaya, perfect for Ramadan.